In this episode I interview the one and only Jim Wendler, author of 5/3/1. We hit on a diverse group of topics, but one thing that you’ll hear are many recurring themes to successful strength programming, that I strongly believe in, and are the foundation of Jim’s program success. We cover:
- Why is discipline more important than motivation?
- Building habits for successful training
- Components of effective programming
- Jim’s work with High School athletes
- Is “peaking” in powerlifting overrated?
- and more..
About the Guest:
Jim Wendler is the author of the “5/3/1” program, which has sold over 547,000 copies. He is a former collegiate athlete, powerlifter, and currently coaching high school football in London, OH.