Audio of the first Episode of the Peak Mental Performance Podcast. I interview Dr. Steve Graef, Counseling & Sport Psychologist for The Ohio State University Athletics and player on the 2002 National Championship Football Team at OSU. We hit on some great topics, including:
- What is Sports Psychology?
- Common Misconceptions Athletes Have of Psychology/Counseling
- How to Manage Anxiety before Big Competitions
- How to Manage Depression during Down Times (injury, post-meet, etc)
- How all Athletes can Improve Performance through Mental Strategies
About Guest Dr. Steve Graef:
Dr. Graef has his PhD in Counseling and Sport Psychology from The University of Akron and is currently Sports Psychologist for Athletics at The Ohio State University. He also has a private online counseling and sports psychology business that can be found at https://mindurance.org/